Physician Referrals- Consultations & Injection Therapies
Thank you for choosing Oncology Specialists of Charlotte for the referral of your patient. As an independent practice, we can do what’s best for your patients and their cancer care. Drs. Favaro and Shehadeh understand the individual needs of each patient and work with our entire staff to coordinate the right active treatment for their oncology, hematology, and Infusion needs, including providing second opinions.
Simple Ways to Submit a Referral:
Use Live Interactive Form
Referring physicians, click the button and fill out the referral form, submitting an online appointment request instantly. You will be required to upload/send pertinent documentation in order to schedule: demos, insurance, last office visit notes, and any tests and scan results.
Shared Dashboard via Phreesia
Allows your practice to connect via a dashboard directly with Oncology Specialists of Charlotte. There you can submit referrals, attach any important documents and receive live status updates.
Referrals can be made by faxing a referral form (click on form Below) to # 704-377-0353 (fax) for blood and/or cancer evaluations on new patients. Or referrals can be made from EMR to EMR systems in a safe transmission via the Health Information Exchange Direct Email Address. Ours is admin@osc.OncoEMRDirect.com
For timely scheduling, please include last office visit notes, patient demos, and any corresponding labs, scans, and pathology.
We accept most major health plans, and we do verify insurance coverage.
Upon receipt of referral, we will have the patient scheduled quickly; for cancer cases it will be 24-48 business hours. We will contact your office and notify you of the appointment details for you to communicate this to your patient.
For STAT, it would most effective to call our patient scheduler 704-342-9577.
Our physicians and nurse practitioners are active in our medical community with collaboration and participation in:
- Tumor Boards
- Clinical Trials
- Genetic Testing and Counseling
- Community Oncology Alliance Patient Advocacy Network (CPAN) COAadvocacy.org
- Interactions with Duke Medicine, UNC School of Medicine, Wake Forest, and MD Anderson Cancer Center
IV Therapy & Injections
We offer IV therapies and injections to providers in our community. Common IV’s are:
There is an abundance of IV and injection therapies. If you do not see yours listed above, please contact us. We will check with our pharmacy groups to see if we can get whatever therapy you are needing for a patient. Our patient care coordinator will verify patients’ benefits, contact your patient, and provide your office with completed notation for follow-up.
Why Oncology Specialists for your IV Needs?
- Our IV Infusion Nurses have years of experience with infusion treatments
- Nurses BLS & ACLS Certified
- Nurses ONS/OCN Certified
- Nurses Chemotherapy Biotherapy certified
- BSN management Chemotherapy nurse
- NP’s on staff with Infusion Therapy experience
- ONS Certified Techniques
- Oncology Nursing Society
OSC Offers enhanced safety measures
- Office located in private practice with less exposure than in a hospital-based facility
- Masks are required for all patients & staff.
- Covid-19 assessments are required for all patients & staff
- Temperatures are taken for any person entering our office
- Extra measures of sanitation are taken at all points of contact